Good financial advisors are invaluable. They can help you stay focused on your long-term goals and can offer retirement, tax and other financial planning advice that goes well beyond the selection of stocks or funds. You must, however, protect yourself in the Financial Advisor – Investor Relationship. This post provides tips on how to do so. Continue reading “Protect Yourself in the Financial Advisor – Investor Relationship”
- This Paychex stock analysis is based on Q2 2017 results and forecast for the remainder of fiscal 2017 released December 21, 2016.
- Paychex, Inc. reported total service revenue of $760 Million (7% inc) for Q2 2017 and $1,533.5 Million (8% inc) for 6 months ending November 30, 2016.
- It reported adjusted diluted EPS of $0.56 (8% inc) for Q2 2017 and $1.12 (8% inc) for 6 months ending November 30, 2016.
- While investors have been aptly rewarded over the years, Paychex is expensive with a forward P/E of just under 28.
- Recommend “Hold” if currently long and patience if you’re interested in adding Paychex to your portfolio.
- This Automatic Data Processing stock analysis is based on Q1 2017 results and forecast for the remainder of fiscal 2017 released November 2, 2016.
- ADP has increased its dividend each year for 42 years making the company a dividend aristocrat.
- While ADP has aptly rewarded shareholders over the years it is expensive at current levels.
- I would be prepared to add to my existing ADP holdings if the price drops below $92.
I was just reading an article in The Globe Real Estate section of the December 16, 2016 edition of The Globe and Mail. It highlights how real estate values in the Greater Toronto Area are unrealistic. The article, entitled “Shock Market”, references the real estate market in a municipality located just a short drive from where I live.
In early 2016, properties were selling for $200,000 more than asking. By May 2016, properties listed in the $1.4 Million range were selling for $500,000 above asking. In some exceptional instances, properties in this price range were selling for $1 Million more than the asking price. Continue reading “Real Estate Values in the Greater Toronto Area are Unrealistic”
This post offers information on how to obtain information on the financial transparency and operating efficiency of Canadian and US charities. Continue reading “How to Obtain Information on the Financial Transparency and Operating Efficiency of Canadian and US Charities”
- Brown-Forman is currently undergoing a major transformation. It sold its Southern Comfort and Tuaca trademarks in 2016 and has made some acquisitions in the past couple of years.
- Brown-Forman is a Dividend Aristocrat having increased its dividend for 33 years in a row. It has also paid dividends for 71 years in a row and has occasionally paid special dividends.
- While Brown-Forman certainly has a loyal following from an investment perspective, I suggest that all is not well and a “wait and see” approach is probably wise.
I just finished reviewing the Fall 2016 edition of the Merrill Edge Report; Merrill Edge is part of Bank of America Corporation. This nationwide survey is released twice a year and provides an in-depth look at the financial concerns, priorities, and behaviors of mass affluent Americans. I have no empirical evidence but I would imagine for readers in Canada the financial concerns, priorities, and behaviors would be relatively similar. Continue reading “The Financial Concerns, Priorities, and Behaviors of Mass Affluent Americans”