In a recent interview, BlackRock ETF Specialist Blair Hannon shared the asset manager’s views on the global outlook and why investors should look at quality U.S. stocks and emerging markets.
Vishal Techchandani, nabtrade's Customer Insights Manager, recently interviewed BlackRock Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Specialist Blair Hannon in Australia; Vishal was kind enough to forward to me the link so I could share it with you.
In this interview, Blair Hannon shares the asset manager’s views on the global outlook and why investors should look at quality U.S. stocks and emerging markets. Please note that nabtrade is based in Australia.
You can access BlackRock's Canadian website to check the composition of various BlackRock ETFs and can amend the country at the top of the web page if you wish to access BlackRock in a country other than Canada.
If your investment knowledge is limited and you:
- wish to invest in equities while you develop your investment knowledge;
- you have limited funds to invest to create a well diversified portfolio which includes high quality companies in the 5 main economic sectors (Manufacturing & Industry, Resources & Commodities, Consumer, Finance, and Utilities);
then I highly recommend you investigate the world of ETFs.
I, however, have made a conscious decision to invest directly through the purchase of shares of high quality companies because I:
- enjoy following a company by reading 10-Qs, 10-Ks, Earnings Releases, Investor Presentations, and other investor material;
- need/like to receive a regular stream of dividend income to support our living expenses during retirement and/or for reinvestment;
- want no exposure to publicly traded companies headquartered in higher risk foreign regions;
- do not fully understand financial statements prepared in jurisdictions other than Canada and the US;
- strongly dislike paying ongoing fees...especially when those fees are paid to a third party before I receive any earnings;
- have absolutely no control over purchase and sale transactions.
If you have a similar mindset as me then I invite you to regularly check this site where I analyze high quality companies and take a position in companies I recommend.
I wish you much success on your journey to financial freedom.
Thanks for reading!
Note: I sincerely appreciate the time you took to read this article. Please send any feedback, corrections, or questions to [email protected].
Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of your individual circumstances and am not providing individualized advice or recommendations. I encourage you not to make any investment decision without conducting your own research and due diligence. You should also consult your financial advisor about your specific situation.
I wrote this article myself and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it and have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.