- This Church & Dwight stock analysis is based on Q4 and FY2016 results and outlook for fiscal 2017 which were released February 7, 2017.
- Continued growth is expected through the introduction of innovative new products, aggressive productivity programs, and tight management of overhead costs.
- CHD is also growing through the strategic acquisition of various established brands.
- CHD declared a 7% increase in the regular quarterly dividend from $0.1775/share to $0.19/share payable March 1, 2017.
- This dividend increase marks the 21st consecutive year in which CHD has increased its dividend and the 116th year in which it has paid a regular consecutive quarterly dividend.
Continue reading “Church & Dwight Stock Analysis – Don’t Overlook this Company”
- This Hershey stock analysis is based on Q4 and FY2016 results and outlook for fiscal 2017 which were released February 3, 2017.
- For the 3rd time this century, The Hershey Company spurned a takeover offer in 2016. Don’t expect The Hershey Trust Company to ever sell.
- While FY2016 results were acceptable, the Chinese need to step up and buy more HSY chocolate; sales in China were down 4% in Q4 (same rate as Q2 and Q3).
- I am reluctant to acquire any more HSY shares unless the price retraces to $95 or below.
- I encourage readers to purchase HSY chocolates for Valentine’s Day (February 14th).
Continue reading “Hershey Stock Analysis – Boring Can Be Sexy”
- This VISA stock analysis is based on Q1 results and outlook for the remainder of fiscal 2017 which were released February 2, 2017.
- Visa reported reasonably solid results for Q1 2017 on February 2, 2017.
- While I would be prepared to buy shares at $82, we already have a full position. I will, therefore, patiently wait until V drops to $75.
- The use of options could provide you with an opportunity to earn some premium while you wait for V to reach a more attractive level.
Continue reading “VISA Stock Analysis – Still Humming Along”
- This Automatic Data Processing stock analysis is based on Q2 2017 results and outlook for the remainder of fiscal 2017 which were released February 1, 2017.
- Revenues increased 6% to $3.0B, 7% on a constant dollar basis.
- Adjusted diluted EPS from continuing operations increased 20% to $0.87, 19% on a constant dollar basis.
- Fiscal 2017 share repurchases of $1.2B – $1.4B to be funded by existing balance sheet cash vs. prior forecast of $1.0B – to $1.4B.
- ADP’s stock price is still too rich for my liking. I will wait for ADP to drop to $92ish.
Continue reading “Automatic Data Processing Stock Analysis – Too Expensive”
- This CDK Global stock analysis is based on Q2 2017 results and its outlook for the remainder of fiscal 2017.
- CDK’s stock price has doubled to almost $64 since it was spun-off from ADP in 2014.
- CDK’s sub 1% dividend yield will not appeal to investors seeking income from their investments.
- CDK is expensive and I am of the opinion a $17 drop in price to approximately $46 – $47 is required before I purchase more shares.
Continue reading “CDK Global Stock Analysis – Too Expensive Now. Put it on your Radar.”
- This MasterCard (NYSE: MA) stock analysis is based on Q4 and FY 2016 results reported January 31, 2017.
- MA continues to perform well but lofty expectations resulted in a small pullback in the stock price.
- While MA’s PE is just shy of 30, I am willing to pay up for high growth and will acquire additional shares.
- Should MA’s stock price experience a significant correction at a later date (not due to the deterioration of the business), I would buy more shares to lower my average cost.
Continue reading “MasterCard Stock Analysis – Expensive But Worth The Price”
- This United Parcel Service stock analysis is based on Q4 and FY2016 results reported on January 31, 2017.
- UPS reported its results and the stock dropped roughly 8%.
- Results were impacted by a Mark-to-Market Pension Charge which resulted in EPS falling short of expectations.
- UPS continues to grow its business and FCF is still strong.
- UPS’ shares are now at the upper end of my “buy zone” and I acquired more shares on January 31, 2017.
Continue reading “United Parcel Service Stock Analysis – It is now in my “Buy Zone””