- This Royal Bank of Canada Stock Analysis is the second of a 6 part series covering the Big 6 Canadian Banks.
- RY reported strong Q2 2017 results May 25th with earnings by business segment and by geography reflecting a marginally greater % from Wealth and the US relative to FYE2016.
- RY’s Capital Measure Ratios are strong and the bank continues to be very well managed.
- Pockets of the Canadian real estate market are wildly overheated but RY’s results indicate its real estate related loan portfolio is of sound quality.
- RY is an attractive long-term investment but I suspect we will experience a major market correction within the next 12 months and urge caution.
In today’s post I would like to highlight the importance of four investing principles to make your money work for you. You must:
- Invest in good solid companies;
- Practice patience;
- Not panic when making investment decisions;
- Relish major market corrections as they provide opportunities in which to acquire shares at more reasonable valuations.