Typically, my posts will consist of a company analysis, whether I view the company as a worthwhile investment, and what I deem to be a reasonable valuation. The purpose of today’s post, however, is entirely different. What I hope to impart in this post is:
- the importance of being debt free
- the reason dividend income should be a very important component of any financial planning strategy
- that Powers of Attorney over Health and Wealth can sometimes not be worth the paper they are written on
- the need to craft Wills that take into consideration future potential mental health issues
- the ongoing administration of assets
In essence, every proper financial plan should have a contingency plan in the event one or more family member were to experience major mental health issues.